AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review
Even professional golfers misjudge the distance or necessary position needed to make the shot from time to time. If you are new to golf or want to improve your game and handicap, getting your hands on a good rangefinder can give you the assistance you need on the golf course, the driving range, or during a tournament.
There are many factors that go into a good round of golf. If you’re going to play really well, you are going to find that a rangefinder will be very beneficial in helping you estimate distances to help improve your game. The AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder is one such device that will help you spot the range so you can determine the power you need to hit the mark.
This rangefinder with slope is built with high-quality materials while keeping it affordable, similar to some of our other budget Rangefinders.
AOFAR has twenty years of manufacturing devices to improve their customer’s outdoor-life experience, including explorers, hunters, and golfers. The company is known for its binoculars, compasses, distance measuring apparatus, infrared detectors, magnifying glasses, Marine communication as well as photographic instruments and optical lenses.
It focuses on research and development of outdoor products to enrich and improve their customer’s outdoor life, especially range finders and compasses with top-notch production technology and R&D experts. They are also known for the excellent customer service and affordable pricing for quality products.
Before you tee off, position your grip and proper stance, it’s helpful to know what type of golf club and what direction is best to aim your swing so you can line up the leading edge to hit the ball toward the target. Once you obtain an accurate distance on the course, you can then select the most appropriate golf club to make the shot.
The AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder provides you with 6x 25mm magnification. Measure yards from 5 to 600, or switch to meters. Make the perfect shot by using the slope on/off or flag-lock with vibration features and modes.
AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review: What Makes This Rangefinder Different From Other Models?
The AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder is a rangefinder that makes it easy to find the flag with its 600-yard range and AI pin-technology that provides you with plus or minus 0.5 accuracies. The range for the flag is 5/285 yards. The range for a tree is 5/415 yards.
The range for reflective is 5/600 yards. This rangefinder is built with an anti-skid rubber coating and paint that makes it stand up to any weather or outdoor conditions on the golf course. It is lightweight, at just 180 grams, which is just slightly more than 6 ounces, compact at 4.76 × 2.83 × 1.69 inches, or 121 × 72 × 43 mm, waterproof, and comes with a free battery so it’s ready to use out of the box.
It comes with a carrying case, carabiner, and wristband to make it easy to transport and less bulky to use, and the gear makes it easy to focus.
AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review: Units
Change units between meters and yards by clicking the “M” button.
AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review:Features and Modes
It is loaded with features and capabilities that include magnification, range, accuracy, lightweight, and portable making it easy to store and carry. Turn on the AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder with slope for golf by clicking on the power button, and adjust the view using the fast focus system. Look through the device to get a clear view using the gear to focus. Additional features and modes include:
- Slope switch technology
- Pulse technology
- 6x magnification — The magnification allows you to see faraway targets with clarity. It offers integrated AI in-technology that has plus or minus 0.5 accuracies.
- Auto power off — The unit will power off after 8 seconds of non-use to conserve the battery life.
- Battery life — The unit comes with a CR2 battery that has been fully charged. The battery typically lasts for about 6 or 7 hours.
- Range mode — if the flag is close to you, use the range mode to get the distance. Click on the power button.
- Scan mode — use scan mode when there are test bunkers and trees. Simply hold down the power button and keep the target marker on the bunker to acquire the distance.
- Flag lock mode with pulse technology — allows the user to confirm their target by giving vibration in the laser when it is locked on the flag. Simply choose a large target behind the flag and hold down the power button while aligning the target. Get the distance reading and then move the lens to the flag until you feel the pulse.
- Slope switch mode — This mode is designed for golf tournaments. The slope switch technology allows the golfer to toggle in and out with ease. Hold down the “M” button for 10 seconds until you see the “OFF” signal on the LCD screen. This leaves only straight-line distance. Easily turn it back on when you need it after the tournament is over.
- Vibration technology
- Two decimal readings
- Easy to find the flag
AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review: Warranty
AOFAR offers a VIP warranty that has you fully covered with no worries.
- Easy to use
- Flag-lock with vibration
- Lightweight and compact making it convenient to carry and use
- Fast scan mode with slope and angle technology
- 6x magnification
- Integrated system with auto-off
- Digital display
- 2-year warranty
- Some users report issues with durability
- Sensitive to hand movements, so it is important to hold it steady
- Slightly slower than more expensive competitive models
- Inaccuracy in rain or fog
- Zeroing in on a target with accuracy takes practice
AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder Review: Conclusion
The best golfers know the best tools to use to improve their handicap and perfect their swing. If you are looking for a tool to help improve your golf game, the AOFER GX-2S is highly recommended. Or as an alternative, check out the Nikon Coolshot 20. So, now it’s your turn to improve your golf game with the AOFAR GX-2S Golf Rangefinder.
This rangefinder with slope will provide any golfer with a handy tool that will help enhance your golf game. The user-friendly and convenient design makes the device easy to carry and use on the golf course. It comes with a complete 2-year warranty that proves the manufacturer stands behind the rangefinder product. In brief, this device will help you measure the flag distance and help you look like and play more like a pro golfer on the course.